St. Mary Le Strand
An etching of the St. Mary Le Strand church located at the eastern end of the Strand, in Westminster, London. After being pulled down in 1549 by Edward Seymour, 1st Duke of Somerset, the current structure was designed by the architect, James Gibbs, in 1714, under the Commission For Building Fifty New Churches, an organisation set up by Act of Parliament in England in 1711
Picture No
13750986
Media ID
45178451
Size
3320px x 4391px
(4.9MB)
Credit
© CLM Archive Collection / Mary Evans
Source
Etching from Colour Magazine Volume 13 December 1920, by Francis Edgar Dodd (1874-1949)
Date
circa 1920





























