Capital, Maricel Museum, Sitges, Catalonia, Spain
Carved stone capital of the professional career of Charles Deering, 1915-20, by Pere Jou, 1891-1964, in the cloister of the Palau de Maricel, now the Maricel Museum, inaugurated 1970 and reopened in 2015, in Sitges, Catalonia, Spain. The cloister houses capitals from Romanesque and Gothic buildings and some by Pere Jou. The complex was built 1910-18 by Miquel Utrillo for Charles Deering, converted from a hospital to a residence and gallery to house Deering's collection. Picture by Manuel Cohen
Picture No
13564823
Media ID
45396364
Size
7087px x 4724px
(8.2MB)
Credit
Manuel Cohen / Mary Evans
Source
Photograph by Manuel Cohen
Date
2009





























