Cathedral, Jesuits College and Recollect Friars
Cathedral, Jesuits College and Recollect Friars Church, or Eglise des Recollets, on the Place des Armes, with soldiers on parade, seen from the Government Gate, engraving by P Canot after a drawing by Richard Short, published in 1761 as a collection of Views of Quebec in the 18th century, by Thomas Jefferys in London, in the collection of the Musees du Quebec, Quebec City, Quebec, Canada. The wing to right of Church was the monastery, used as a State prison. To the right is Tressor Lane, and the ruins of the French cathedral, now the basilica. Picture by Manuel Cohen
Picture No
13441311
Media ID
45133174
Size
5906px x 4183px
(12.6MB)
Credit
Manuel Cohen / Mary Evans
Source
Photograph by Manuel Cohen





























