Gravestones, Havuts Tar monastery, Kotayk, Armenia
Gravestones outside Amenaprkich Church or Church of the Hill, built 10th century by Gevorg Marzpetuni and rebuilt 1013 by Grigor Magistros Pahlavuni, on the western outcrop of Havuts Tar monastery, or All Saviour monastery, a monastery complex of the Armenian Apostolic Church, founded 4th century but mainly built 11th - 14th century within defensive walls, with view over the Azat River Valley near Garni, Kotayk, Armenia. The monastery was badly damaged in an earthquake in 1679. Picture by Manuel Cohen
Picture No
50380613
Media ID
50380613
Size
8268px x 5939px
(23.3MB)
Credit
Manuel Cohen / Mary Evans Picture Library
Source
Photograph by Manuel Cohen
Date
2025





























