View from below of the pediment of the Galerie
View from below of the pediment of the Galerie de Mineralogie, de Geologie et de Paleobotanique (Gallery of Minerology, Geology and Paleobotany), built from 1833 to 1841 by Charles Rohault de Fleury and located in the Jardin des Plantes, Paris, 5th arrondissement, France. Founded in 1626 by Guy de La Brosse, Louis XIII's physician, the Jardin des Plantes, originally known as the Jardin du Roi, opened to the public in 1640. It became the Museum National d'Histoire Naturelle in 1793 during the French Revolution. Picture by Manuel Cohen
Picture No
13459799
Media ID
45380423
Size
5616px x 3744px
(3.9MB)
Credit
Manuel Cohen / Mary Evans
Source
Photograph by Manuel Cohen





























