Old Newington Church, London
Sir William Patten, Lord of the Manor, built the present Old Church, bordering Clissold Park on the north side of Church Street, in 1563. It is the only church of the Elizabethan period left in London and one of only a few in the entire country. It is also one of the very earliest Anglican Churches which has never been a Roman Catholic Church
Picture No
13140448
Media ID
45373787
Size
5315px x 3968px
(9.7MB)
Credit
Mary Evans/Peter & Dawn Cope Collection
Source
From Old and New London by Walter Thornbury
Date
1875





























