Chapel At Hull Trinity House and Statue Outside East Front
An exterior view of the east elevation of Trinity House Chapel, with a partial view of a sculpture of Oceanus and a bomb shelter in the foreground - The chapel dates to 1842, and was built by H. F. Lockwood. The east elevation is rusticated and has four giant Corinthian pilasters supporting a plain frieze and pediment, with the east window in the centre. Flanking the window are pairs of eight-panelled doors with stone pilasters and rectangular overlights. In front of the east window is a statue of Oceanus reclining, sculpted by Thomas Earle in 1828. It was moved to this position after originally being on the Trinity House almshouses. In the foreground is a bomb shelter, with a north-east facing entrance, and the east window has been covered
Pick your License
1828 1842 Almshouses Corinthian Dates Earle Elevation Flanking Frieze Hull Lockwood Moved North-east Oceanus Pairs Partial Pediment Pilasters Reclining Rectangular Rusticated Sculpted Supporting Trinity
Features In These Collections
> Contributors > EHR






























