An exterior view of St Andrew's Church tower
An exterior view of St Andrew's Church tower, seen from the north-east. The church was built between 1906 and 1907 by Edward S. Prior, and consists of a four bay nave with west baptistry, north and south porches and a south-east chapel porch, a choir with a north vestry and a single bay chancel with an east tower over it. The tower has three stages with a tall first stage with three light north and south windows with triangular tracery. The second stage has small rectangular windows, and the third stage has large four light belfry openings with an elliptical head. The tower is surrounded by hexagonal buttresses, and there is a round stair turret on the north-west corner with gabled roof and a small arch that leans against the tower. The turret has small triangular-headed windows and a polygonal band at the top
Pick your License
Baptistry Belfry Buttresses Chancel Consists Elliptical Gabled Hexagonal Leans North-west Openings Polygonal Porch Porches Rectangular Roker South-east Stages Stair Sunderland Tracery Triangular Turret Ursula Vestry
Features In These Collections
> Contributors > EHR





























