Parliament Hill Fields Lido, Gordon House Road
Parliament Hill Fields Lido, Gordon House Road. A lifeguard and swimmer talking beneath the square clock on the central admin office at Parliament Hill Fields Lido in Gospel Oak
Parliament Hill Fields Lido opened in 1938 and was designed by Harry Arnold Rowbotham and T L Smithson. It was one of thirteen lidos built by London County Council between 1909 and 1939. The pool remained open until major refurbishment in 2004-2005. Original features, such as the main clock, signage, and aerator fountain, have been restored or replicated. It is Grade II listed. This photograph was published on page 163 of Played in London by Simon Inglis
Picture No
13796969
Media ID
45397156
Size
3078px x 2295px
(3.9MB)
Credit
© Historic England / Mary Evans Picture Library
Source
Simon Inglis - Historic England Archive
Date
2012





























