The Ring, Southwark
THE RING, Blackfriars Road, Southwark, London. The Ring was originally the Surrey Chapel until it closed in 1881. It was then a boxing arena from 1910 and was destroyed during the Blitz. This Victorian photograph, taken by Edmund D Yates, shows it in its heyday
Picture No
11999383
Media ID
45366159
Size
4950px x 3798px
(8.1MB)
Credit
© Historic England Archive / Mary Evans Picture Library
Source
Edmund D Yates - Photographer - Historic England Archive









































