Delmonicos restaurant at the corner of 5th
Delmonicos restaurant at the corner of 5th Ave. and 44th St. in 1903. Architect James Brown Lord designed the eight story, Italian Renaissance style building, The first six floors housed the public and private dining rooms. The top two floor were bachelor apartments. This was last restaurant owned by the original Delmonico family, and closed in 1923, a victim of Prohibition
Picture No
13122880
Media ID
45382072
Size
3000px x 2365px
(1.3MB)
Credit
Mary Evans / The Everett Collection
Source
Courtesy Everett Collection





























