MFB (later LCC/LFB) Hampstead fire station
Built originally for the MFB in 1868, Hampstead fire station was located at 49 Heath Street. It became the responsibility of the London County Council in 1889 upon the LCC's creation, when the MFB changed its name to the London Fire Brigade. The station was one of many to close during the period 1920-1923 when, with the introduction of motorised fire appliances and the improved performance petrol engines, fire stations could cover a greater area
Picture No
10536110
Media ID
46841217
Size
1612px x 1932px
(1.1MB)
Credit
©London Fire Brigade / Mary Evans Picture Library
Source
London Fire Brigade Archive
Date
1905






























