A panoramic view of the Brown House in Koenigs Platz
This large square in Munich, known as Koenigs Platz, was originally an open, grassy space. Hitler had it paved in order to hold parades there. The building on the left, The Brown House, was opened as NSDAP Party HQ on 1 January 1931. On the ground floor was a small refreshment room and above were the offices of Goebels, Hess and other senior Nazis. Hitlers own office overlooked the Platz and contained a portrait of Frederick the Great and a bust of Mussolini. The name derives from the SA movement, whose HQ was on the first floor and whose uniforms were brown
Picture No
13140230
Media ID
45806782
Size
4961px x 3231px
(3.5MB)
Credit
(c) Holts Battlefield Collection / Mary Evans
Usage Restrictions
Editorial Use Only
Source
Postcard Pub. August Lengauer. Munich
Date
circa 1930
Pick your License
Contained Derives Grassy Hess Hitlers Koenigs Overlooked Parades Paved Platz Refreshment
Features In These Collections
> Contributors > HOL





























